出國必備的英文日常用語



















補習-出國必備的英文日常用語

http://tutor.howang.hk/-香港補習城


補習介紹出國必備的英文日常用語:Potluck Party 一種聚餐方式,主人準備場地和餐具,叁加的人必須帶一道菜準備飲料,最好事先問問主人的意思。
Pull over!把車子開到旁邊。
Drop me a line!寫封信給我。


















  

  ▲Potluck Party 一種聚餐方式,主人準備場地和餐具,叁加的人必須帶一道菜準備飲料,最好事先問問主人的意思。


  ▲Pull over!把車子開到旁邊。


  ▲Drop me a line!寫封信給我。


  ▲Give me a ring. = Call me!來個電話吧!


  ▲For here or to go?食堂或外賣。


  ▲cool; That's cool! 等于國內年輕人常用的囗語酷!,表示不賴嘛!用于人或事均可。


  ▲What's up? = What's happening? = What's new? 見面時隨囗問候的話最近在忙什么?有什么新鮮事嗎?一般的回答是Nothing much! 或Nothing new!


  ▲Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少來這一套!同學之間開玩笑的話。


  ▲Don't give me a hard time! 別跟我過不去好不好!


  ▲Get yourself together! 振作點行不行!


  ▲Do you have the time? 現在幾點鐘?可別誤以為人家要約你出去。


  ▲Hang in there. = Don't give up. = Keep trying. 再撐一下。


  ▲Give me a break ! 你饒了我吧!(開玩笑的話)


  ▲Hang on. 請稍候。


  ▲Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。


  ▲What a big hassle. 真是個麻煩事。


  ▲What a crummy day. 多倒霉的一天。


  ▲Go for it. 加油


  ▲You bet. = Of course. 當然;看我的!


  ▲Wishful thinking. 一廂情愿的想法。


  ▲Don't be so fussy! 別那么挑剔好不好。


  ▲It's a long story. 唉!說來話長。


  ▲How have you been? = How are you doing? 你過得如何?近來可好?


  ▲Take things for granted. 自以為理所當然。


  ▲Don't put on airs. 別擺架子。


  ▲Wishful thinking.一廂情愿的想法。


  ▲Don't be so fussy! 別那么挑剔好不好!


  ▲Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧!


  ▲Have a crush on someone. 迷戀某人。


  ▲What's the catch? 有什么內幕?


  ▲Party animal. 開Party狂的人(喜歡叁加舞會的人)。


  ▲Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass.討厭的東西、的人或事。


  ▲Skeleton in the closet.家丑。


  ▲Don't get on my nerve! 別把我惹毛了!


  ▲Afat chance. =A poor chance. 機會很小。


  ▲Don't put on airs! 別擺架子!


  ▲I am racking my brains. 我正在絞盡腦汁。


  ▲She's a real drag. 她真有點礙手礙腳。


  ▲Spacingout.=daydreaming. 做白日夢。


  ▲I am so fed up. 我受夠了!


  ▲It doesn't go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。


  ▲What's the point? = What are you trying to say? 你的重點是什么?


  ▲By all means.=Definitely. 一定是。


  ▲ steam 蒸 poach 水煮 boil 煮 toast 烤(面包)grill 烤、的煎 roast(duck) 烘烤、的紅燒、的(烤鴨) braise 油炸過用溫火燉 pure 煮成濃湯 broil 燒、的烤 season 加調味料 panbroil 用淺鍋燒烤 seasoning 調味料 fry 炸、的炒 dressing 沙拉醬 bake 烤 gravy 肉 saute' 用溫火慢炒 appetizer 飯前菜、的小菜 stew 燉、的燜、的紅燒 entree 主菜 simmer 慢燉、的煨 snack 點心、的小點 stir fry 快炒、的大火炒 marinate 腌、的用鹵泡,鹵 smoke 熏


  ▲Let's get a bite. = Let's go eat. 去吃點東西吧!


  ▲I'll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = It's on me. =My treat. 我請客。


  ▲Let's go dutch. 各付各的。


  ▲My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服。


  ▲diarrhea [dai r'i ] 拉肚子。


  ▲吃牛排時,waitor 會問 How would you like it ? 就是問要幾分熟?的意思,可以選擇 rare,medium 或 well-done。


  ▲I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!


  ▲May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人請你吃飯,你未能赴約,只好請他改到下一次。)


  ▲I am not myself today. 我今天什么都不對勁!


  ▲Let's get it straight. 咱們把事情弄清楚!


  ▲What's the rush! 急什么!


  ▲Such a fruitcake! 神經病!


  ▲I'll swing by later. =I'll stop by later. 待會兒,我會來轉一下。


  ▲I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth. 這個消息是千真萬確的(tip指消息)!


  ▲easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。


  ▲flunk out 被當掉。


  ▲take french leave 不告而別。


  ▲I don't get the picture. =I don't understand. 我不明白。


  ▲You should give him a piece of your mind. 你應該向他表達你的不滿。


  ▲hit the road = take off = get on one's way 離開。


  ▲Now he is in the driver's seat =He is in control now.


  ▲Keep a low profile (or low key). 采取低姿態。


  ▲Kinky =bizarre =wacky =weird 古怪的。


  ▲klutz (=clutz) =idiot 白癡、的笨蛋。


  ▲know one's way around 識途老馬。


  ▲lion's share 大部份。▲tailgate 尾隨(尤其跟車跟得太近)。


  ▲take a back seat. 讓步。


  ▲take a hike =leave me alone =get lost 滾開。


  ▲hit the hay =go to bed 睡覺。


  ▲Can you give me a lift? =Can you give me a ride? 載我一程好嗎?


  ▲green hand 生手、的沒有經驗的人。


  ▲moonshine = mountain dew 指私釀的烈酒(威士忌)或走私的酒。胡說八道也可用moonshine。His story is plain moonshine.


  ▲chill out =calm down =relax(來自黑人英語)


  ▲rip off =steal;I was ripped off.我被偷了;rip off 也常被用為剝奪My right was ripped off. 權利被剝奪(來自黑人英語)。


  ▲我們稱美國大兵為G.I. (Government Issue) or GI Joe, 德國兵或德國佬為Fritzor Kraut,稱英國佬為John Bull,日本人為Jap.或Nip,猶太人為Jew都是很不禮貌的稱呼。


  ▲mess around (with)瞎混;Get to work. Don't mess around.趕快工作,別瞎攪和。


  ▲snob 勢利眼。


  ▲sneak in,sneak out 偷偷溜進去,溜出來。sneakers 運動鞋。


  ▲She is such a brown-noser. 她是個馬屁精。


  ▲This is in way over my head. 對我而言這實在太難了。


  ▲I am an exam jitter and I always get a cramp in my stomach. 我是個考試緊張大師,一考試胃就抽筋。


  ▲Keep your study (work) on track. 請按進度讀書(工作)。


  ▲Did you come up with any ideas? 有沒有想到什么新的意見?


  ▲Don't get uptight !Take it easy. 別緊張,慢慢來!


  ▲Cheese ! It tastes like cardboard. Cheese吃起來味如嚼臘!


  ▲Get one's feet wet. 與中文里的涉足或下海,寓意相同,表示初嘗某事。I am going to try dancing for the very first time. Just to get my feet wet.




上門補習,Tutor




arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    hktutorcity3 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()